Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th January 2013, 06:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

BEYOND HORROR DESIGN: THE EQUESTRIAN VORTEX (Giancarlo Santini 1976)

Old 14th January 2013, 07:01 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Excellent!
Beyond72 likes this.
Old 27th February 2013, 09:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default sound

got it for a fiver in asda , terrible cover, hmv's was a lot better . Anyone have any idea's what was going on near end, cant get film out of my head.
Old 27th February 2013, 09:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
got it for a fiver in asda , terrible cover, hmv's was a lot better . Anyone have any idea's what was going on near end, cant get film out of my head.
As i see it, the making of the film is so far from his normal life it takes him over the edge where reality and fantasy become one and the same for him. He literally cracks up.
Old 27th February 2013, 10:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
As i see it, the making of the film is so far from his normal life it takes him over the edge where reality and fantasy become one and the same for him. He literally cracks up.
that's what i thought at first , but started thinking that the whole making of film was in his head.
Old 28th February 2013, 12:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Even the director struggles to give a definite answer.

What I take from the film is, his disappointment with life comes to head. He should be excited about a new job, but it's not what he really wanted. And to add to that he's being treated badly and doesn't really fit in.
He's homesick for a while, but then slowly realises his home life isn't exactly the be and end all, the letters from his Mum just reinforce his disappointment with life. And working on a horror film for virtually every waking hour isn't gonna help matters!

Not claiming this as fact, just what I take from the film.
Old 28th February 2013, 05:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond72 View Post
Even the director struggles to give a definite answer.

What I take from the film is, his disappointment with life comes to head. He should be excited about a new job, but it's not what he really wanted. And to add to that he's being treated badly and doesn't really fit in.
He's homesick for a while, but then slowly realises his home life isn't exactly the be and end all, the letters from his Mum just reinforce his disappointment with life. And working on a horror film for virtually every waking hour isn't gonna help matters!

Not claiming this as fact, just what I take from the film.
I get that, but is it a simple case of him losing the plot so to speak. Are his mother's letter's real? the actress reads one as if they are part of script, he seems to live in the studio, The whole flight situation where receptionist tells him there never was one makes me think instead of her percieved frostiness to him earlier was her dealing with someone mad, very Lynch
Old 28th February 2013, 06:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Maybe the film is actually the film in the film.

....my head hurts.
Old 28th February 2013, 06:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I've watched it three times now and I'm still no nearer to understanding it, probably never will either. I'm putting it down to one of life's many mysteries like what actually happened to Richie Edwards from the Manics, where Lord Lucan is, who thought making the Godfather Part III was a good idea.......
plasterface likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 28th February 2013, 07:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I've watched it three times now and I'm still no nearer to understanding it, probably never will either.
But that's a good thing, right . . . ?

Like this? Share it using the links below!