View Single Post
Old 7th December 2011, 06:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Mittens

On a cold Christmas morning, little Suzy rushed out of her warm bed and into the living room where the Christmas tree was standing. Out of breath and filled with excitement she looked over to her mom and dad sitting by the fireplace. "Well, what are you waiting for?" They said to her. On that cue she began to ravage the presents that sat underneath the tree. Each gift revealed everything that you could expect a young girl to get, dolls...make up...baking set.

As she becomes preoccupied with the things she has gotten, her father has to tell her that she still has overlooked one more gift under the Christmas tree that "Mommy must have put under the tree while Daddy wasn't looking." Suzy's mother looks at him and shakes her head "I thought you put that under the tree?" Suzy can no longer contain her excitement and rips the package apart in a frenzy. She takes the wrapping paper away to find a pair of light blue mittens. She lets out a sigh of disappointment as her mother and father look on.

Later that day Suzy is getting ready to go out and play in the snow. Her mother slips the fuzzy mittens over her hands. "Don't go get into too much trouble and be back in an hour. Suzy bolts out the door before her mother can even finish.

Shortly thereafter, Suzy begins throwing a ball with the other kids in the neighborhood. When one of them throws it too far and it goes into the woods Suzy yells, "I'll get it!" She disappears into the wooded area to find the ball. When Suzy does not return, one of the kids screams, "Suzy!" There is no reply. "She must be lost, I'll go try to find her." Johnny says. Johnny treks up the snow covered hill and dissolves into the same wooded area as Suzy. Seconds later we hear Johnny bellow out a wailing screech. The rest of the kids get scared and disperse into their homes.

One by one, each of the neighborhood kids begin to perish. Could this be the work of an innocent child and her pair of mysterious mittens? Or is something more ominous at work here? Find out if little Suzy can lead you into, THE TWILIGHT ZONE!