View Single Post
Old 13th December 2011, 06:07 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Default Christmas in the Twilight Zone

Kyle will be continuing this next week so this week I just want to focus on one particular festive episode of The Twilight Zone: the astoundingly brilliant...

Night of the Meek

"Night of the Meek" is from Season 2 of the series (available now at Amazon (DVD/Blu-ray), HMV (DVD/Blu-ray) and Play (DVD/Blu-ray)) and is one of the best pieces of Christmas telly ever made.

It includes all the best bits of festive classics like Miracle on 34th Street and Santa Clause: The Movie while bringing a classing Fifth Dimensional twist to the table. It follows the story of down-and-out Henry Corwin, a department store Santa who's sacked on Christmas Eve. His one wish is that the meek shall inherit the Earth and soon stumbles upon a bag full of gifts that seems to give out whatever Corwin asks of it. Corwin spends the rest of Christmas Eve delivering gifts to those who deserve it the most before going on to assume his destiny.

This is a festive favourite because it tells the time-honoured tale that it is better to give than receive and that Christmas is a time to help those less fortunate than ourselves. It manages to do all of this without ever getting preachy, and I'm not ashamed to say that I cry like a baby pretty much every time I watch it.

It's great Christmas viewing and, if you have children of your own, is the perfect way to get them watching The Twilight Zone this December!

Incidentally, it's also the viewing for tonight's Twilight Zone Tuesday so why not join in at 9pm?

Also currently available on DVD and Blu-ray are:

Season 1 - available now at Amazon (DVD/Blu-ray), HMV (DVD/Blu-ray) and Play (DVD/Blu-ray)

Season 3 - available now on Amazon (DVD/Blu-ray), HMV (DVD/Blu-ray and Play (DVD/Blu-ray)

Season 4 - available now from Amazon (DVD/Blu-ray), HMV (DVD/Blu-ray) and Play (DVD/Blu-ray).

Season 5 will be released 6 February 2012 and is available for pre-order from Amazon (DVD/Blu-ray), HMV (DVD/Blu-ray) and Play (DVD/Blu-ray).