View Single Post
Old 19th December 2011, 12:09 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Sock it To Me

Another Christmas morning, another stack of unwanted socks for young Billy Jameson, at 8 years old the youngest and most spoilt and attention-seeking of the Jameson family.

"Mom, do I have to wear these? They have Reindeer on them - they're stupid!"
"Yes Billy, put them on and don't be ungrateful. Nana Jameson went to a lot of trouble to knit them for you"
"But mom!"
"Do as I say for just once Billy. You take up so much of my time with your constant demands and your selfish ways. You're forever spoiling Christmas by being ungrateful and demanding. For once, just once, do as I say"

Billy puts on the socks and as he does so, a strange surge courses through his body. He can't see his hands in front of him! Or his feet! Or any of his body! "What the..?" Billy exclaims but he can't even hear this. He walks to the mirror but no-one is there. He's invisible! He screams but no sound comes out. His mother walks in.
"Mom! Mom" he shouts, waving his hands in front of her. But she cannot see him. 'It's the socks!' Billy cries, but no words come out 'They must have turned me invisible!"
He tries to take them off but he can't feel anything - there's nothing there and he can't grasp onto his feet - what should be his hands just pass through what should be his feet. "No!" he cries but again, no words come out.

There's a knock at the door. It's Nana Jameson, who walks in and greets Billy's parent's. "She'l be able to help me!" Billy thinks.
"Having a nice Christmas?" she asks Billy's mother at the door
"Perfect" replies Billy's mother.
"How were Billy's socks?" Nana Jameson asks "Did they fit him?"
"Oh they fit him alright" his mother replies. "They were absolutely perfect for him."
"Oh, I'm so glad" Nana Jameson says
"Yes," Billy's mother replies, "just what he needed"

Billy Jameson, a young boy, but one who should know better. A boy who took up everyone's time with his selfish and spoilt demands. A boy who faded into obscurity at his family's request, in The Twilight Zone