View Single Post
Old 19th December 2011, 11:05 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
I heartily agree. I thought it was great fun.

Argento has not made anything anywhere near as bad as My Soul To Take or Cursed, for example, but where is Wes Craven's beating?

None of his latter films are as good as The Bird With The Crystal Plumage or Suspiria - but then not every Hitchcock was a Shadow Of A Doubt or Vertigo either. Most of his supposedly bad films, seem perfectly entertaining and very well crafted bits of low budget entertainment. Some of them (The Stendhal Syndrome, Sleepless...) are even better than that,
Like Hitchcock, even Dario's lesser films are quite watchable, and people will have their favourites amongst the so called lesser films. I adore The Trouble with Harry for example and i too think Mother of Tears is very good entertainment. On the other hand i really don't rate Trauma at all.

Sometimes i think people moan about his more recent output because they think thats the thing to do. Giallo and Mother of Tears must have had pretty good sales from the amount of people who say they are terrible. I would watch either of them again before seeing the extremely dull Cat O' Nine Tails. Thats just me though.

As for Wes Craven, he's just a hack in my opinion. Only seven out of his twenty nine films are any good. It could be eight but i haven't seen My Soul to Take.