View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2011, 03:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
The thing is, the film isn't 'wild and out there', it's incredibly restrained and dull. Not 'out there' at all. Unless a couple of goth-wannabe-witches and three people smashing up a car is considered apocalyptic and 'out there'. Sorry, I don't buy it. It's inexcusable rubbish form a former master of horror. Put against his classic works, it pales in comparison and shamefully goes and hides in the corner.
Well as you once again compare it to his earlier works, then it doesn't stand a chance - you've made your choice. As I said before I take it on it's own terms and you wouldn't find any argument that those films are in a league of their own.

And I always thought it was quite wild, unless you don't consider babies being dropped of bridges, mad monkeys, Daria Nicolodi's white witch, Udo Kier, plenty of nakedness and some good, gory kill scenes wild - not to mention the goth witches. Sure it's camp of the highest order - but I like that. I notice that scene crops up a lot from the detractors of the film. It certainly isn't boring, but I wouldn't argue that point as taste is subjective after all.