View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:53 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Default Shameless predictions for 2012

Instead of the usual "Why don't they release such-and-such?" threads I thought it'd be interesing for people to have a think and, based on Shameless' output over the last few years, try to predict what they might have up their sleeves in 2012. Obviously realistic expectations are key here (although had someone said Cannibal Holocaust this time last year I suspect they'd be laughed all the way out of the thread, so who knows?) so I think any non-Italian films are pretty much out of bounds (I could be wrong but am 99% certain that all Shameless releases to date are Italian films). Then, if/when the predicted releases are actually announced we can all redirect back to this thread with an "I was right" smugness

I have no idea about who holds the rights or available materials but I think this year we might see at least a few of the following:

Lizard in a Woman's Skin
What Have They Done to Solange
Live Like a Cop, Die Like a Man
Your Vice Is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key
Five Dolls for an August Moon
All the Colours of the Dark
The Case of the Scorpion's Tail

Fairly obvious choices maybe but I suspect there will be some more Fenech/Deodato/Martino goodness to come this year.

I also think Torso will get a re-release on bluray too, following Blue Undergrounds release last year

Remember this is more to do with predicting releases based on past ones rather than just "I hope they release..."