Thread: UK rights?
View Single Post
Old 3rd April 2008, 07:39 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I would agree with you Angel, there is alot more that would be passed now if resubmitted than in the VIPCO version. I just feel that Ferox could be so much better in the UK than the current version which IMO has been classed 18 because of its name, because there is nothing in it that warrents a cert 18.
I have known people to buy the VIPCO Cannibal Holocaust because its cut of animal cruelty and if Deodato makes his campanion piece to Holocaust it would spark renewed interest in the original version which would be of benefit to whoever has the rights to Ferox as the 2 are often hailed as the best of the cannibal genre .

There must be some demand for them in the UK as VIPCO put out as many cannibal flicks as they could, including the non related 'Dinosaur Valley' as Ferox 2 , plus Holocaust was submitted under Mike Lee's name in a different print version than the VIPCO first release to the bbfc for the 25th anniversary edition, so he must have keept the rights to that and Ferox as they never appeared in the black jacket budget range.

I don't think they will be picked up by Shameless though but think that 'Night of the Demon' could introduce alot of importers to Shameless as demand for this film is high and it dosent seem to be available anywhere . Its definitely a title Shameless should at least think about, that and Bloody Moon.

Last edited by vipco; 3rd April 2008 at 07:42 AM.