View Single Post
Old 18th January 2012, 10:56 PM
Active Cultist

A couple of worrying comments from someone who was at the US teaser preview -

Based on the preview footage at the AFM in November, I don't expect the actual trailer to be much better. I was really shocked at how poor a lot of the scenes were. And the "acting" you just have to see it to believe it!!

and

The costumes were no more impressive than any other decently made period piece. And the sets looked OK. The whole thing lacks atmosphere. It's overly bright and flat looking, due to the demands of shooting 3D. I swear there are a few scenes that are lit like a Mexican soap opera. I can't really judge entirely though since it was just random scenes, the FX weren't done, and I'm assuming it wasn't color timed etc...
However, I will reiterate, the acting was across the board terrible. Rutger Hauer was half asleep in all his scenes, and Asia seems like she wants to be anywhere but on that set. All of this makes me sad to say, as I think Asia is a very capable actress, and well, everyone knows Hauer used to be able to do respectable work. As for Dracula himself, I don't know...