View Single Post
Old 27th January 2009, 02:18 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've just been watching Django Kill! and have been left feeling disappointed.

It started off well, the first 25 minutes were great fun and set it up to become a good solid entry but as soon as the bandits entered the town it all went horribly wrong.
First of all there were too many villainous characters and none of them were developed well enough to be effective. The storyline was lame and meandering, it was at the most an 85 minute picture that for some reason was stretched out to just under 2 hours. Towards the end when it had long outstayed its welcome it became painful to sit through especially as their way of an explosive ending was to include off screen torture by vampire bats!! There were scenes where literally nothing was happening and the padding became embarrassing, such as the wife falling in love with the hero after only knowing him for a few minutes.
It did have a few redeeming features such as the surgery scene, the scalping and the death by melted gold. The homosexual bandits fondling Ray Lovelock also came out of the blue and in my opinion was a brave thing to add to a Western... But they were a few seconds in a very dire entry I'm afraid.

It had a bright start, had a few ballsy and inventive moments and really did have potential. But it was overlong, had a crap storyline, underdeveloped characters, lame action sequences and other glaring flaws and that is what killed it off before it even had chance to get going in my opinion.