View Single Post
Old 31st January 2012, 09:52 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default NEW Twilight Zone Song

Hi everyone,

I've recently come across an incredible new song based upon the first Twilight Zone episode Where Is Everybody?. So I contacted the very talented lyricist and she sent a little message about the song...

Enjoy!

"My new release, Tales of the Unusual, is a "concept project" about strange adventures, both real and surreal, odd people, unexpected emotions ... I knew that I wanted to do a Twilight Zone song with composer Eddie Arkin, and revisited as many of the shows as I could to decide which one would work best for lyrics. The first Twilight Zone I ever remembered watching was entitled, I think, "Perchance to Dream," and I couldn't sleep well for nights afterwards. The one that appealed to me most, though, was "Where Is Everybody?" I liked the fact that it was the first story to air, and Earl Holliman's performance of a desperate man wandering through an empty town was unforgettable. My songs sometimes have talking portions and I came up with two talking lines that related to the phone booth scene: "The number you have dialed is not a working number./The number you have dialed is not a number." Sort of cracked me up, so I settled on that episode. When we recorded the track, the violinist (Grammy winner) Charlie Bisharat was warming up, and what he was playing was so poignant that Eddie and I asked him if he'd improvise something similar before the groove of the tune started."

And here's the song...

What do you think of it?

Personally I really like it - it's rather haunting, just like the episode.