View Single Post
Old 8th February 2012, 10:32 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunner View Post
Sorry Beyond, of course you were joking. I'm new to this forum thing and haven't sussed out all these little faces yet! I don't care for photo montages because nowadays we all have access to the images and they're relatively easy to put together. To be honest even oil painted montages are easy. Bumnumbingly boring to work on but easy! My favourite poster artists from the 80's all used skill and imagination to create one single kickass scene. Undoubtedly the best came from Graham Humphreys, he was the king. Still is! You are right about those Japanese posters, things of absolute beauty. Also, there are tremendous posters put together today by talented photographers. I was referring to those DVD covers that are simply made up from predictable old film stills. Start painting again! There has never been a better time to be a traditional poster artist, mainly because most of the good ones are dead!
I was never up to the standard of poster art! I use to do mainly cartoony stuff. But people messing me about on commissions, sadly, slowly killed my love of drawing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Thebombfrontcover.jpg (99.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Beyond Werewolf.jpg (96.7 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Beyond72; 8th February 2012 at 03:35 PM.