View Single Post
Old 15th February 2009, 09:24 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I prefer the more serious Bond portrayals, but most of the films and the actors playing him have good points. Early Sean Connery are still my favs. Timothy Dalton was a great choice after Roger Moore, though I still think he did not get the chance to stay in the role long enough to really prove himself. "Licence To Kill" was gritty and tough with Bond getting realistically battered like never before. Something now echoed with Daniel Craig, who plays it straight, but the style of film making is not the "Bond" purists have come to love. (The Bourne influence is so obvious I'm surprised there hasn't been a law suit.) I even think Roger More was good when he started, but his films just got more rediculous and less interestiong to me as they went on. From "Moonraker" on are a joke to me. As for George Lazenby...... "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" may well be one of the most underrated, but Lazenby was certainly the most under appreciated of all the Bonds. Too many fans were upset by Connery's absence to give him a chance, hence Connery's return for "Diamonds Are Forever". As for Pierce Brosnan..... well he was Bond until the bloody awful "Die Another Day". I just hope the next Daniel Craig effort gets back to the more traditional Bond films, though somehow I can't quite see that happening.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!