View Single Post
Old 29th February 2012, 01:24 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
I was? Hmm. Okedoke, if you say so...

I actually posted it to help Mirek find out what happened. If you read what Mirek wrote, you'd see he was ok with the imagery being used, but not happy about not being contacted about using a personal photo. That's pretty fair, I'd say. And of course it irks him (and others) that Bryce, of all people, was thanked. I'm sure he will contact Arrow and High Rising Prod., if he hasn't already.
Hi, I just asked Naomi (who edited this) where the image came from and she assures me that it was emailed to her from someone who contacted her via facebook to offer some assistance. As it happens it was someone who sent us some pics for our upcoming 42nd Street documentary and mentioned they had found a few good Naschy pics when they asked what else we were working on and, at that moment, we mentioned "Man with the Severed Head" - so we'll check and see if these are copyrighted too. And no I'm not naming names but obviously - and surely neither of us need to seriously stress this - given the past troubles with Mirek we would never have used something that originated from him. Certainly not without his permission.

If Mirek wants to email me with the proper disclaimer then I will happily re-post the image on our facebook site and state that those who watch the featurette on the Man with the Severed Head DVD have Mirek and his Latarnia web site to thank for the picture of Paul and Sam Sherman.

I know this is small condolence (and I realise nothing I say will ever change things anyway) but it's the best that I can do. And, in conclusion, once again: please accept our apologies.