View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2012, 06:39 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Some classics from the irrepressible Inspector Callahan...

Harry Callahan: Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy.
The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
Harry Callahan: When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!

Chief: Have you been following that man?
Harry Callahan: Yeah, I've been following him on my own time. And anybody can tell I didn't do that to him.
Chief: How?
Harry Callahan: Cause he looks too damn good, that's how!

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Harry Callahan: Personnel? That's for assholes!
Capt McKay: I was in Personnel for ten years.
Harry Callahan: Yeah.

Harry Callahan: May I make a statement, McKay?
Capt McKay: Go ahead!
Harry Callahan: Your mouthwash ain't makin' it.

Mustapha: You really *are* a dirty bastard, ain't you, Harry?
Harry Callahan: The dirtiest.

CALLAHAN: Hypothetical situation, huh? All right, I'm standing on the street corner and Mrs. Grey here comes up and propositions me... that if I come home with her, for five dollars she'll put on an exhibition with a Shetland pony.

MRS. GREY: If this is your idea of humor, Inspector...

BOARD EXAMINER: All right, what are you trying to do here, Callahan?

CALLAHAN: I'm just trying to find out if anybody in this room knows what the hell law's being broken... besides cruelty to animals.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.