View Single Post
Old 8th April 2012, 08:27 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post

The colour timing of Nouveaux Pictures' Suspiria Blu-ray is alright. Only few people (namely those who compare it to older DVD releases and those who think they remember how it looked in cinemas back in the day) think this new colour timing is "odd" or "incorrect". It's a film with an excessive use of colour - and that's exactly what the Blu-ray delivers. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the sound either.

As for the 'tagline': what you're referring to is NOT a tagline. It's the slogan of Cine-Excess' and Nouveaux Pictures' label.

I don't think this should be released by Arrow Video. Of course, I'd love to see Suspiria in a white box (with four panels, poster, and a booklet). However, the current UK Blu-ray is excellent, and there are quite a few other films that Arrow should tackle - definitive Blu-ray editions of Zombie Flesh Eaters, Opera, and The Lair of the White Worm should be among them.

See above.

En passant, I would agree with the 'trash' tag for Suspiria - at least for its story. However, Suspiria is so much more than just the story - its stunning visuals and its energetic soundtrack make it one of the finest movies ever.

Greetings!
That right there is a flame war prevented in a single post! Thank you my good sir!