View Single Post
Old 15th April 2012, 08:07 PM
Cultist

Well, I've just finished watching vol 12, roll on volume 13 (hopefully, not too long to wait now )!

Things have been a little quiet of late for the Freak with Ferguson having been little more than a speaking extra for most of the second half of this boxset. Let's hope she gets back into the thick of the action in volume 13 with the exit of Bea Smith and the arrival of the ice maiden, super cool villainess Sonia Stevens.

Nevertheless, vol 12 contained some good stuff not least the Laura / Brandy Carter character and I thought actress, Roslyn Gentle was scarily convincing as the two very different personalities. She delivered such a good performance in fact that I'm a little surprised that I can't recall it at all from watching it the first time round but I don't.

I also really enjoyed one of the final plots in volume 12 involving Meg, her son Marty and his friend (and Meg's stalker) the deranged Dennis. It was scary!!!!

Interesting also to see the number of actors who had been displaced from Sydney based soap, The Young Doctors which had been canned just months earlier turning up in volume 13 episodes of the Melbourne based prison saga.

Judy McBurney who had just completed a six year stint as Sister Tania Livingstone in the hospital based soap opera arrived at Wentworth as the ditzy bigamist, Pixie Mason.

Nick Holland (Dr Matt Blake) appears as Peter Shannon who is helping Helen Smart to de-progamme her sister and Julie Nihill (Nurse Linda Wilson) - later to find even greater fame in Blue Heelers - appears as the unfortunate girl who Dennis meets in the pub.

Not forgetting of course, Young Doctors' director, Chris Connelly who gives an eerily scary performance as Meg's psychotic stalker, Dennis.