View Single Post
Old 10th April 2008, 11:54 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I would have thought the scene with the Muskrat would be the first scene to go...especially as it is the longest scene of cruelty. This was the scene the BBFC cut in 1983, it's highly unlikely they would consider waiving the cut unless the film makers can provide them with some sort of evidence that the scene was not staged for the film and that it was in fact stock footage taken from wherever. Personally I think the scene was staged for the film ie the animal was deliberately tied to the ground and then set upon by a snake. Obviously wildlife footage of animals fighting one another would be acceptable but a scene of prolonged cruelty that was, or appears to have been staged by the film makers for the film is highly unlikely to pass.

The scene where John Morghen stabs the pig was probably acceptable because the killing was made up of two very brief shots, you really don't see the animal suffering, just a quick stab and it's all over. Apparently Morghen didn't stab the pig himself, a double had to be used after he refused to do it. In the film you only see a close up somebodys hand stab the pig. Apart frrom this I've also read that the scene was faked although I find this hard to believe.

Scrapbook went out with 15m of cuts. Wonder how well it did?