View Single Post
Old 19th April 2012, 05:48 PM
Cultist

Competition Greatest ever Prisoner character

Who is the greatest character ever to appear in Prisoner?

If you could only pick one who would it be?

Which character do you think stood head and shoulders above the rest?

Which character, whenever you think of Prisoner, do you regard as being synonymous with the show?

Who is the star of Prisoner?

For me it has to be Joan Ferguson even though she didn't join until around half way through the series.

Her ongoing feud with top dog, Bea Smith, during the 1982/83 season (Prisoner's BEST ever season IMO) is the stuff of Prisoner folklore and is what has made the serial enduring viewing long after it ended production in Australia IMO.

She came in like a tornado, took the show by the scruff of its neck, shook it up and gave it the new lease of life that was needed at that time.

She changed the face of the show forever. Never before had a character had such a dramatic impact on the serial. Never again would life be the same in Wentworth following Joan's arrival in episode 287.

Not only do I consider the Freak to have been Prisoner's best ever character but I also regard her portrayer, Maggie Kirkpatrick as the finest actress ever to have graced the corridors of Wentworth.

But who's your favourite?

Do you regard Bea as the best ever character or perhaps the comical Lizzie or perhaps even going back all the way to volume 1 episodes, Franky Doyle?

Let me know