View Single Post
Old 20th April 2012, 06:34 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I presume the recent Demons cinema screenings were used from the bluray. If so, can anyone who went to see it comment? I seem to remember someone on here (keirarts maybe?) mentioning it looked a little pale.
I saw it in Edinburgh but have held back on posting my thoughts as it was about 3 on Sunday morning and we'd been watching films since midday on Saturday at the festival.

It seemed obvious that the source was either the Blu Ray or the master the blu ray was taken from as the picture was WAY too clean to have been a print. What hit me first was the mono soundtrack. After watching a day of films with nice n' loud surround/stereo mixes, this seemed flat and oddly quiet.

I wouldn't like to make final judgements on the picture quality due to eye fatigue and the fact it was on a proper cinema screen which is not a natural habitat for Blu Ray. What did strike me was how clean the picture was. They've either found an extraordinary source or the Italians have taken the ol' scouring pad to the print again. There was a bit of a TV movie feel to the the picture which makes me think the latter.

Saying all that, I would like to see it in a home environment to make a proper judgement