View Single Post
Old 20th April 2012, 10:09 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skankenstoned View Post
Hey, once again appy poly lodgies for my recent tirade on this thread. I've just been reading up on the thread regards Arrow's plans for dual format releases and the explanation for holding back on the special edition slip case releases and I feel like a total (feel free to add sweary type word/s) !!!! I shall crawl back into my cave and look forward to what the ever awesome Arrow have planned now that they are spending more wisely and remember it is us the fans who stand to benefit from such decisions! Hope I'm forgiven for my dreadfull display of ignorance...
Everyone gets a little exasperated at times and you are forgiven for your post which, judging from your explanation, must've been a response to seeing some 'bolt from the blue' news.

Like Arrowfan, I'm sad to see the end of the bells and whistles releases, but think these upcoming dual format releases are a logical answer to the fans who haven't yet embraced Blu-ray and those who have those, like me, still buy the DVDs.

The current financial market no doubt had a substantial impact on the decision and, if it means more titles and more releases, the future should be good.