View Single Post
Old 10th May 2012, 10:51 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm looking forward to this one. Argento has gotten a lot of unfair criticism. Is every film he does perfect no. But he has made films that other directors would kill to have under there belt. Suspiria, Terror at the Opera, Stendahl Syndrome, Deep Red, Tenebrae, Inferno, Phenomena all brilliant pieces of film but even more than that brilliant works of art.
He's the type of director that like Kubrick should have his films seen as more than just a film but as art then you can decide whether you like it, hate it or even understand it.
What excites me about this film is this the guy that made all those brilliant visual films is making a 3d film.
It's never been that Argento can't direct actors it's that they don't matter. The actors are set pieces that help move the visuals along.
I'd like to say I'm surprised that the horror community has been iffy about it ut I'm not. When the whole of the sci-fi or fantasy community are raising up there own we've sadly taken to almost destroying our own. To the point where the only horror making money is what the casual viewers go to see.( the reason we got 7 Saw films)