View Single Post
Old 10th May 2012, 01:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
There's a half decent bootleg boxset out, but the films are mostly VHS transfers and of varying aspect ratios.
I take it this collection is the U.S. set issued by Videoasia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyther View Post
I treasure my Spaghetti Western Bible Boxset of his films!
Yours truly picked up this Videoasia compilation recently along with the first and third SWB titles. I'm currently trying to locate the 'Trinity' inspired fourth volume but i'm still struggling to find a new copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
I have 4 in my Mill Creek 44 Spag Western box set.
Purchased this collection too a short while back along with several other MC Spagwest collections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I'd be up for a boxset like this. Aside from Argent, Spaghetti Westerns seem to be fairly poorly represented in the UK. That should really change. So even if Shameless didn't want to rectify this situation, I'm sure Argent would be in a position to do so.
I totally agree and couldn't have put it better myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
The label C'est La Vie attempted a SW collection a couple of years ago but they only put out 4 titles (SARTANA IN THE VALLEY OF DEATH was one) and sadly they were all cropped to 1.85:1 and mostly cut. Annoying thing was all the trailers included on the discs were in the correct ratio!
Yours truly received all of these titles too several days ago and i went on a Spagwest spending spree lately after reading Any Gun Can Play:The Essential Guide To Euro-Westerns.

I also snapped up Timeless Media's similarly-themed compilation as well as Diamond Entertainment's Spagwest set and several Pop Flix collections too. I'm not expecting impressive PQ merely lesser VHS-style transfers but it's just nice to have some of these grim 'n' gritty rarities on DVD.