View Single Post
Old 12th May 2012, 03:40 PM
Cult Rookie

This film has jungle scenes in broad daylight and yet the bit rate hardly ever goes higher than 14mbs per second these scenes on any other disc i have average the mid 20s sometimes even higher but this disc can't do that because the storage space has been pushed to the limit, if they wanted to they could put another two hours of stuff on this disc and it would still fit but that would compromise the bit rate further, just because you can it doesn't mean you should because the quality will be compromised, if you can get hold of Blue Underground's release of The Living Dead The Manchester Morgue a film with a low budget and made 5 years before Cannibal Holocaust compare the picture and compare the bit rate and you'll see what i'm talking about.

I'm not having a go at anyone but the data does speak for itself it's all there on the machine for everyone to look at.

This princible is not new when VHS recorders were made able to turn 4 hour tapes into 8 hour tapes the picture was compromised, compare 4 perforation widescreen Panavision to 2 perforation Techniscope and you'll see the difference, all these decsions were taken because of economic reasons and not quality control.