View Single Post
Old 18th May 2012, 11:40 AM
Ex-member

Exclamation

Ladies, Gents: You have to bear in mind that whilst you may all be die-hard fans of P:CBH, the volumes only sell on small quantities in the UK, in comparison with other TV shows. Also, even though it's an old series, it's not cheap to get it prepared, boxed and authorised for sale in the UK either. All of the prep-work, certification, artwork and discs, take time to be produced and approved. Fremantle Home Entertainemtn work on lots of other stuff, besides P:CBH.

Whilst I sympathise with all of you, who want to be owners of all 692 episodes, I would say count yourself lucky that you're getting the show at all. It's the longest series of any kind, to ever be released onto UK DVD. Releases have to be staggered, so that sales forecasts can be made, and actual sales figures can be considered likewise.

This is NOT a cheap series to be released onto DVD, so please can I ask all of you to be a little more patient. Fremantle would not have bothered releasing 13 volumes, if they had no intention of releasing all the others. It would be career-suicide for them to do this! Not only would they annoy all the people who have bought all the volumes thus far, think of all the money they would have spent, which could have gone onto releasing titles far more profitable and popular than P:CBH ever could be!

P:CBH is a niche title! It's also a soap-opera-style drama, and I say that as a fan of the show! As such, you can't expect Fremantle to produce and release every single volume of the rest of the series, overnight, just to please all of you. There are other things and other releases that also have to be considered.

Oh, and I'm a collector of P:CBH too, so am acutely aware of the delays too. But please be a little bit more sympathetic. Many other companies would not have bothered to release this show at all, moreso in the UK, due to the extreme length of it, and the limited fanbase it actually has!

Apologies if that sounds harsh, because it isn't meant to.