View Single Post
Old 20th May 2012, 10:01 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Why is it that on just about every forum whether it be blu-rays, Doctor who figures or dvds, there is always someone that blindly thinks consumers should be eternally grateful to the distributor just for releasing their product?

You say that they are not making much profit from Prisoner dvds, well I can assure you they are not releasing them out of the goodness of their hearts either.

It shouldn't be too much for collectors to ask for a little commitment from the distributor, after all, they ask for our commitment in continuing to buy their product.

You seem to think we are not entitled to this information or any explanations, personally I think its a big ask to expect someone to buy 13 dvds of a series and take it on blind faith that the rest of the set will be released and risk owing a completely worthless half a series should they not be, especially considering the time period here which they are released over.

I really don't care if the next dvds take 2 months or 2 years to be released as long as we know they will be. Would it really take that much effort from the distributor to announce their commitment to bring out the full set if only to put collectors minds at rest? Well apparently it would.

At the end of the day buying and selling of these dvds is a beneficial to both parties involved and neither party should be beyond reproach

As far as I can see it would make complete business sense to show a full commitment as there may be people out there waiting to see if the full set will be released before purchasing and if they are not doing that and not providing this commitment for some reason, then that in itself is enough to cause concern whether the full set will be released

Is it selfish of people who are regularly parting with their hard earned money to want to know they wont be left high and dry with a worthless half set of dvds, I don't think it is actually.