Ex-member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
We wouldn't though, that's the thing.
I suspect, though, that some would.

Quote:
As I said, he's entitled to his opinion on whatever Arrow releases and if his points are valid, they would be debated reasonably AND Arrow could respond. That would be constructive.
Yes, in theory, that is true. But even in the short time I've been a member here - literally a month or so - I have seen times where reasonable questions have been asked, and then daring to ask a certain question, has resulted in people basically (and I'm paraphrasing here), being told "Don't ask that. Stop asking that. It's not up for discussion".

So, some of Kentai's concerns about debate being stifled on these Forums, has some validity to it.

Quote:
The point I take issue with is his comments that these forums are like the Third Reich and basically insulting each and every one of us (and that includes you too, as a member of CL). That's what has annoyed me. Not his comments on the Demons transfer.
I don't agree that he is insulting me. I don't know him. He doesn't know me. His comments, whilst incredibly strong and potentially inflammatory to many, are still his comments and his opinions on how he feels the Cult Labs Forums are run.

I don't agree that they are being run in a "Third Reich" manner, but he obviously does. Maybe I'm being naive or just a bit too wishful thinking, but I genuinely believe if he did join up here, that some members would simply defend Arrow to the hilt, (rather than being genuinely objective), and refuse to listen to him, or anything he wrote, no matter what.

All Forums, run by any company that makes a product, have some element of control exherted on them. It's ineveitable! No company would allow people to simply trash everything about the company. I accept that, and I understand that. But companies have to be open to criticism too. Especially when it comes to film restoration.