View Single Post
Old 21st May 2012, 11:04 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
As I said earlier buying and selling these dvds is a two way street,

Yes we need to be patient and understanding with the distributor, but they also need to take into account the collectors needs and point of view as without us they wouldn't be able to sell their product in the first place.
And therein lies the problem: titles won't be released if customer's don't buy them, and customer's won't buy stuff, if it doesn't get released.

It's a lose-lose situation. Companies would never release anything, because they would always be worried that no one will buy it, and customers won't buy stuff if they fear that they won't see the entire series get released.

Ultimately, for me, it comes down to this:
1) There may be a legitimate reason for the delays, and there may be a legitimate reason why they aren't able to discuss the delays (legal red-tape, for example).
2) None of you have bothered to contact Fremantle, outside of posting messages in this Forum thread, to find out any more info. You're all simply waiting for Fremantle to get in touch with you, via this Forum!

Thus, in my view, the people who want more info, should be making an educated efffort to try and get in touch with Fremantle to ask for more info. It won't kill any of you to write an e-mail, make a phone call, or write a short letter. If that gets you nowhere, then maybe you may have the right to air your grievances in here. But from where I'm standing, it's a distinctly one-sided affair, and it is the customers/fans of P:CBH who are coming-off worst!

Be pro-active. Make an effort. Then see what happens. If none of you have any success, then I will be more inclined to side with you all.

But right now, it's looking like little children begging their parents for something, and when the parent says no, the children storm off in a huff, for not getting their way!