View Single Post
Old 27th March 2009, 07:54 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Driftwood - 27/03/2009

Hi all! Welcome to THE first 'Cult Labs Weekly Comp' (formally known as Shameless's Weekly Comp'! ) and as this forum is changing slightly, a new 'era', a new 'age', this week's comp has that theme to it. The turning over of a new leaf! Or 9 in this case.

Every day for this week, I shall be posting a new question. It won't be hard, so don't worry. Even if it was hard, I'm sure you'll all get it! Anywho, then the first person to provide the CORRECT answer on this thread (don't PM me it) get's to pick a leaf. 1 to 9. Then, I'll post a new picture with that selected leaf removed, and the shot from an infamous horror film will be shown. A bit like that crap Gameshow, Catchphrase! Simple. Now, as soon as you know what the film is PM me your answer! Take as many guesses as you wish rememeber.

So, here's the leaved picture:

BTW - I've blacked out the areas between the leaves to make it a little tougher.

But what's up for grabs? Well fellow Cult Lab-ians (?)....

DRIFTWOOD

HAUNTED BY DEATH. BEATEN BY LIFE. NO ONE ESCAPES THE PAIN.

From Tim Sullivan, director of the cult horror-comedy '2001 Maniacs', comes DRIFTWOOD, a contemporary ghost story-cum-murder mystery set in the stark confines of a young men's 'attitude adjustment facility'.
An unpredictable and atmospheric ghost story that recalls Guillermo del Toro's 'The Devil's Backbone', DRIFTWOOD also effectively communicates the real-life horrors of bullying, homophobia and exclusion experienced by many young people who have spent time in US juvenile detention centres.
DRIFTWOOD (cert. 15) will be released on DVD (£15.99) by Anchor Bay Entertainment on 30th March 2009. Special Features include: audio commentary by director Tim Sullivan and producer Chris Kobin; audio commentary by director Tim Sullivan, producer Chris Kobin and actor Diamond Dallas Page; photo gallery; bloopers; deleted and extended scenes; audition reel; alternate ending; ‘Doing Time On The Set Of Driftwood' featurette; ‘Through The Gauntlet: Inside The Walls Of Driftwood' featurette; trailer.

And here's that film's website - http://www.myspace.com/driftwoodthemovie

Brilliant!

Good luck people!

P.S. There will be no set time for when I'll post the new question each day - so you'll have to be lucky.

Hope that makes sense!