View Single Post
Old 29th May 2012, 08:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
As far as I am aware, there isn't a Volume 4 being planned at the moment.

However, we do have a 'special edition' of 'Vengeance on Varos' to look forward to later in the year

When it comes to box-sets, these are the ones that have been released:

Many serials have been released in box sets:
  • Lost in Time—Contains various "orphan episodes" and clips from the time of the first two doctors (see above for details on this).
  • The Beginning—Contains the first three serials: An Unearthly Child, The Daleks, The Edge of Destruction, plus a condensed reconstruction of the fourth serial Marco Polo (see above for details on this)
  • New Beginnings—Contains The Keeper of Traken, Logopolis, and Castrovalva.
  • The Key to Time—Contains The Ribos Operation, The Pirate Planet, The Stones of Blood, The Androids of Tara, The Power of Kroll, and The Armageddon Factor. All regions received the boxed set only. Was released in Region 1 only in 2002 with a minimal restoration effort, as BBC Worldwide believed a full season boxed set would sell better than the individual releases. It received a full restoration and Region 2 release in 2007 but this was a limited 15,000 copy run. A non-limited Region 2 release was released on 16 November 2009.
  • Time-Flight and Arc of Infinity were released in a boxed set in Regions 2 and 4, but separately in Region 1. Released on 6 August 2007 in Region 2.
  • The Complete Davros Collection — the five serials featuring Davros (Genesis of the Daleks, Destiny of the Daleks, Resurrection of the Daleks, Revelation of the Daleks, and a remastered version of Remembrance of the Daleks). The remastered version of Remembrance of the Daleks was released separately from this set on 20 July 2009 along with the Davros Connections documentary. The boxed set also contains all seven Davros-related Big Finish audio plays except for the Unbound play Masters of War (Davros, The Juggernauts, Terror Firma, I, Davros: Innocence, I, Davros: Purity, I, Davros: Corruption, and I, Davros: Guilt) as well as a new play, The Davros Mission, which is not available separately from this box set. The boxed set also contains two documentaries—Davros Connections, and Big Finish's audio documentary on the making of I, Davros.
  • Beneath the Surface—Contains the three serials Doctor Who and the Silurians, The Sea Devils, and Warriors of the Deep.
  • K9 Tales—Contains K-9's debut story The Invisible Enemy as well as the spin-off show K-9 and Company.
  • The Trial of a Time Lord—Contains The Trial of a Time Lord, the season-spanning story from Colin Baker's final season.
  • The E-Space Trilogy—Contains three stories from Tom Baker's final season, Full Circle, State of Decay and Warriors' Gate which together form a trilogy set in E-Space
  • The Rescue and The Romans were released together
  • The Black Guardian Trilogy—Contains the Season 20 stories Mawdryn Undead, Terminus, Enlightenment and a new special edition of Enlightenment.
  • Dalek War—Contains the two consecutive Jon Pertwee stories Frontier in Space and Planet of the Daleks.
  • Peladon Tales—Contains the two Jon Pertwee stories set on the planet of Peladon featuring the Ice Warriors. The Curse of Peladon and The Monster of Peladon.
  • The Space Museum and The Chase were released together. In Region 1 a scene was cut out of The Chase involving The Beatles due to rights issues.
  • Myths & Legends—Contains the three stories The Time Monster, Underworld and The Horns of Nimon.
  • Kamelion Tales—Contains the two stories featuring the Doctor's shape changing robotic companion Kamelion: The King's Demons and Planet of Fire.
  • Cyberman Set—Contains Revenge of the Cybermen and Silver Nemesis.
  • Mara Tales—Contains Kinda and Snakedance with brand new CGI effects.
  • Mannequin Mania—Contains Spearhead from Space: Special Edition and Terror of the Autons
  • Earth Story—Contains The Gunfighters and The Awakening
  • U.N.I.T. Files—Contains Invasion of the Dinosaurs and The Android Invasion
  • Ace Adventures—Contain Dragonfire and The Happiness Patrol

To be released in 2012
  • The Legacy Box—To contain the unfinished segments of Shada, with the 1993 documentary More Than 30 Years In The TARDIS

Other box sets have been released repackaging previously released serials (often with a recently released one):
  • 40th Anniversary Set—Contains The Dalek Invasion of Earth, Resurrection of the Daleks and Remembrance of the Daleks.
  • Cyberman Collection—Contains The Tomb of the Cybermen, The Invasion & Earthshock.
  • The Third Doctor Collection—Contains Spearhead from Space, Inferno, The Claws of Axos, The Three Doctors, Carnival of Monsters, and The Green Death.
  • The Daleks Collection—Contains The Dalek Invasion of Earth, Genesis of the Daleks, Resurrection of the Daleks, Revelation of the Daleks and Remembrance of the Daleks
  • Bred for War—Contains the four Sontaran serials from the classic series (The Time Warrior, The Sontaran Experiment, The Invasion of Time, and The Two Doctors)

Being a HUGE fan of Colin Vengance on Varos SE goes straight to the top of my list.

Sadly the Cybermen collection is OOP and sells for 99 pounds on amazon.

I'm guessing that next to Revisitation boxsets Trial is the most extra-loaed dvds out there.

Does anyone listen to the commentaries? Which Doctor has been the best for them? I'd hazard a guess at it being Colin since he actually seems like he'd say what he was thinking which can be good for Tom as log as Tom doesn't get too nutty..lol