View Single Post
Old 26th June 2012, 06:33 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Just thought I'd point out that not only have Newcastle's HMV clearly got a new batch of Shameless dvd's in (their horror section awash in a sea of yellow) but they've also put up a display of Shameless dvd's at the end of one of the aisles, along with a banner with the Shameless logo (they've also done ones for ArrowDrome and BFI). Nice to see them recognising genre labels and what makes it even better is that it's just where the general dvds are (ie, not the horror section) so right in the middle of the floor is an eye-catchingly bright yellow display with loads of covers featuring semi-nude women and such! I was half-tempted to take a picture.

Cheap(ish) prices too - £7/£8 per dvd (They had The Funhouse on bluray for £11 too! - my local HMV really does have its moments)
This is the kind of thing that can save HMV, just a shame I went into the BLACKPOOL store last week and they showed no such inititive or pricing, they didn't even stock plague of the zombies or the reptile. Lower pricing is a great start to lure people away from the convienience of Amazon.