View Single Post
Old 5th July 2012, 08:15 AM
Ex-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I've long been a fan of Laymon's work. The best of his that I've read have been The Island, Funland, Beware!, Endless Night and Quake. In fact, I'd have to say that I've enjoyed everything he's written. I've still got a few here to get through yet.

It's also interesting to note that Laymon was big friends with Dean Koontz and Koontz has posthumously finished up a couple of Laymon's unpublished and unfinished works. This explains why a few novels appeared after Laymon's untimely death.
This is a very interesting subject. As I remember Vaginia Andrews wrote dozens of books. Then I heard she died. Then more books came. Firstly they were unfinished stories like you mentioned. Then another writer wrote books in her style based on some ideas. Then it keeps going. Writing in her style yet using her name. I think the Koontz story is fine but writing a book and using a writers name as a brand is wrong. How do they get away with it. By calling it 'The New Vaginia Andrews.' I heard a rumour a long time ago that same might be true for Tom Clancy's books.