View Single Post
Old 12th July 2012, 06:13 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default Amanda Sunderland Wicker Man Artist

I'm just back from another relaxing week in Wickersville,i.e. Dumfries and Galloway.
This time I was determined to track down the studio of uber talented artist Amanda Sunderland whose Wicker Man Paintings you may have heard of, or more likey to have seen,if you're like me an obsessive Summerisle fan.
She resides on the second most southerly point of Scotland,on the Isle of Whithorn,which rests at the foot of the Burrowhead clifftops in which the legendary sacraficial monolith was actually burned.
After a good hour and a bit's drive from my digs in Kirkudbright,I tracked down her studio which was situated in the harbour above the fishmonger's shop.
Disappointment clouded over me when I was told that she had moved......
A quick pint at the hotel next door unearthed a poster advertising her studio-but open certain days only.Not the day I was here......
However,the kindly old lady who owned the hotel told me where she was and that I should give the door a knock!
Finding her house ,her mother kindly invited us in and told us that Amanda was undergoing treatment for a serious illness.(Which we wish her all the best for a full recovery!)
So we had a chat about her work and I eagerly purchased some Wicker related prints and TShirts!
Amanda's Mother told us that her husband had been an extra up on Burrowhead when the film was made!

If you're ever down that remote corner of Scotland and are a fan of Britain's greatest cult film,be sure to track an amazing talent down and I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing her a full and speedy recovery!

The cult film world needs talent like yours Amanda!

Visit her website here.......

Amanda Sunderland Art | Fine Art ... Prints ... T-shirts ... etc.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSD-13 The Wickerman.jpg (37.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg SSD-14 Wicker Man II.jpg (25.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg SSD-55 Wickerman III.jpg (35.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg SSD-60 Sun Goddens 1972.jpg (39.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg wickerman final 1 copy.jpg (53.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg fat wickerman1 copy.jpg (62.7 KB, 2 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.