View Single Post
Old 13th July 2012, 09:26 PM
Active Cultist

I watched it without subs. I really didn't need them. Its about two old friends that get together with three women, an older man and a disabled girl in an old farmhouse in the German countryside. Sounds fun, aye?

One of the friends is dying so they are going to party by smoking a ton of opium, drink and drug their guests....oh yeah, eat fruit, smash tiny lizards and squish snails.

Don't get me wrong..that's just in the first hour of this 2 hr and forty minute movie. There are very sick and disgusting things throughout the film. It looks beautiful. The camera angles, the washed out color and most of the music makes this almost like a piece of art. I felt that this film wasn't made just for shock value. It had several unnessary scenes and an animal kill that I think was real.

It was sick and brutal but it was all wrapped up in pretty. Nothing I haven't seen before. Two outstanding scenes in my opinion and they were at the end of the film.

This was arthousey with filth and disgust sprinkled in. A Serbian film was much better. Someone said, a film critic or something that a Serbian film is PG~13 compared to this film.....no ****ing way..