View Single Post
Old 16th July 2012, 07:22 AM
Cult Addict

Short Night of the Glass Dolls-
As the Midnight thrillers box set is my only forthcoming pre-order from BU (I had to cancel the other three Midnight movies bvox sets to pay for Bike repairs) I thought i'd check out the other Lado Giallo featured in the set alongside the astounding 'Who Saw Her Die?'.
-Spoilers-
And you know what, i'm really rather impressed. There plot device of the hour is very ingenius and original, for the Giallo genre at least.
The concept of having the main character lie comatoes for the portion of the film as the mystery unravels through flash backs, it's a clever way to keep two plot thread's weaving at once.
Jean Sorel is brilliently cast as the sophisticated, man about town type Gregory Moore, and American journalist in Prague, while the beautiful Barbara Bach play's lover and abconty girlfreind Mira Svoboda.
The hallucanagenic quality of several scene's add's to the mystery, leading you to, on occasion, doubt that what you are seeing is the litteral event's or some dopped interpretation.
The Ennio Morricone score is sub par for him but there is one track that haunted me for hours after viewing, the main theme (?) was just amazing and amongst one of his best.
SNotGD further cement's Lado as one of the great Giallo directors, refraining from explicit gore and coming more close to the early Argento flick's mearly add's to the extra layer of class. There is so little Lado readily available on DVD (or even BD) that i'm beggining to cry CRIME!!!!!
Highly recomended.

DVD and BD collection