View Single Post
Old 8th August 2012, 12:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
I dont care. With the exeption of a few, the Cannibal genre is a complete dull sea of animal cruelty and the same stretched yarn.
Cannibal Holocaust, Cannibal Apocalypse, Cannibals, Cannibal Man, and Cannibal Ferox as well as Man from Deep River are the only one's I like in anyway. Though Ferox cut. I'm usualy anti-censorship but the cruelty in Ferox is to much. Holocaust fall's under animal slaughter, as does Cannibal Man.
I have never seen Martino's Mountain of the Cannibal God but i've heard nasty shit about it. That would have to be another cut job.
Two of the kills (Turtle, crocodile) in FEROX are slaughter rather than 'cruelty'. The muskrat scene in HOLOCAUST is worse than all the animal scenes in FEROX put together IMO.

MOUNTAIN OF THE CANNIBAL GOD has excellent cinematography, a great score and the novelty of seeing two big stars wallow around in a Italian cannibal film. However, it contains one of the most unwatchable scenes from any of them and that's the Monkey slowly being swallowed by the snake. Truly horrible in every way, especially as it was forced into the snakes mouth by the crew (the scene was later re-used in EATEN ALIVE)

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter