View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2012, 01:39 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
Something of an unsung gem imo despite being a fine film. Yours truly missed out on the Italian DVD release issued years ago and so settled with Vipco's British edition.

I'd never even heard of BG prior to buying PF's set of the same name. Definitely worthy of repeated viewings though and i'm unsure if the version of MC i caught was complete or not. However, i've seen superior Merli mayhem in the form of From Corleone To Brooklyn and Convoy Busters.

Also, got around to checking out Confessions Of A Police Captain, Death Rage and Street Law recently. All three were certainly watchable with the latter two titles remaining somewhat overrated imo even with the veteran pedigree of Margheriti and Castellari as respective directors. SL boasts the best PQ of the lot and i probably enjoyed COAPC the most despite the movie's heavy emphasis on dialogue and lack of excitement. Much more of a crime thriller or drama rather than an actual actioner imo.
Yeah, I missed out on the Wild East edition, and only own the print included on the Grindhouse Vol. 1 set, although it certainly has its charm! Love the De Angelis score to this one, as well.

See, I thought Big Guns was pretty balls to the wall action, with Alain Delon as a totally badass anti-hero for the ages! Recently watched Corleone and definitely dug it, but still need to dig into my copy of Convoy Busters!

Totally with you on Confessions. Brilliant film with dialog which I felt was really well done, but yeah, definitely a drama more than an action piece. Love Street Law, but there are so many beat up prints of Death Rage out there, it's bound to lose something in translation. Still, some really cool set pieces in there, nonetheless! Lots of stories about how Bouchet and Brenner didn't get along at all during production.