View Single Post
Old 27th August 2012, 04:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis
Default Slice & Dice Review

I first heard about the project from High Rising Productions after seeing a teaser trailer for this on YouTube several months ago. The teaser contained enough clips from the documentary that it sparked my interest and I was eager to see the finished film. Fortunately, I got to see documentary yesterday at the Glasgow Film Theatre with 15 or so other local critics. The version we saw was not the finished doc as it still has a few tweaks to be done.

Was the film worth the wait? Absolutely, the documentary is obviously a labour of love for all involved. Interviews with the likes of Patrick Lussier, Scott Spielgel, Tobe Hooper, Felissa Rose, Emily Booth, Adam Green and Corey Feldman take us through the genesis of the sub-genre and through the rules of the ‘Slasher’ movie, onto the Final Girl. The animation in the opening credits and throughout the film are beautifully executed and the music by the Acid Fascists fits in perfect with the subject matter.

The documentary covers all the films that defined the ‘Slasher’ genre and what helped it become a household name, along with a number of the lesser known titles, which this reviewer is now going to be seeking out. It has ignited my desire to see more ‘Slashers’ and as discussed in the film the hope for modern horror to return to making original movies rather than retreading old ground with remakes.

Congratulations have to go out to High Rising Productions for their hard work and dedication to the genre and for delivering a documentary that would sit perfectly on my shelf next to my other horror documentaries. Now it's time to finish my slasher screenplay with the hope it makes Slice & Dice 2.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com

Last edited by darthelvis; 27th August 2012 at 05:19 PM.