View Single Post
Old 30th August 2012, 12:47 AM
Cultist

Arizona si scatenĂ²... e li fece fuori tutti (English: Arizona Colt Returns) | 1970 | Italy/Spain

Very formulaic and rather dull western, only lightened slightly by the insanely preposterous music and the cast, including Anthony Steffen. Not much to see here although I did rather enjoy the character of Double Whiskey played by Roberto Camardiel (although others find his character irritating). If it weren't released by Koch Media or having had an interest in spaghetti westerns in general, I probably wouldn't have bothered. Perhaps the result of DVD and companies dedicated to releasing obscure westerns for fans like us mean that, sometimes, we will end up watching films that really aren't terribly good.

Watched the Koch Media R2 DVD from Germany. I had a hell of a time finding the English subtitles - both the cover and the menu both deny all knowledge of English captions. I started the film set on Track 2 yet the dialogue wasn't translated. I then had to cycle through every single subtitle track until I eventually found the English subtitles, which aren't even listed until after the title sequence!

As for the DVD - it's a decent release, although not fantastic. The picture quality is almost always very watchable if not superb and there are only a few very short sequences where there's a very noticeable degrading in quality and they soon pass. There are two interviews and a trailer, but none of them are English-friendly. A shame, as it would have been interesting to hear what the people involved in the film say about it.

It's a very forgettable western aside from the title sequence. The DVD is OK, but it wasn't half a nuisance finding those subtitles!