View Single Post
Old 19th September 2012, 10:21 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I couldn't get on with House With The Laughing Windows, sadly. I have the Image DVD and that'll do me as it just didn't do it for me, as I say. I'm getting Amsterdamned though.
The house with laughing windows is far more beypnd anything that Amsterdamned stands for. It has horror, strange plot, a few twists, graphic killings, So to say, many things that make a giallo-like horror-movie.
Amsterdamned is a police-thriller that has decent suspence but moreover it has nothing. No twists, no real "rhriller-feeling.
I don't even understand the 18-rating. There is absolutely nothing thar justifies this rating. It could imo have an 15-rating.

Anyway strange decision to release this one as it doesdn't fit in the portfolio and it isn't italian (as I thought, Shameless had thir focus on 70s-italian cinema) an it is by no means "horrible".
A simple crime-film, where the caracterisics of the culprit are almost known from the start and which also has some teenager-father-arguements.
It is surely watchable but nothin special.

I don't know, if anyone here knows the German 'Tatort' films. I would primarily campare amsterdamed to those.