View Single Post
Old 20th September 2012, 08:37 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I thought Amsterdamned had a lot of slasher traits attached to it though, so in that regard it fits in with the rest of their catalogue, but yeah it's not Italian which is unusual.
maybe my uncut-stated version is yet cut. I can see no "slasher traits". The scene on the cover fades out before you can see anything (and besides in an italian giallo-like film, shwe woulöd have been topless ) and the prostitute-murder is in a very dark corner so that you rather hear than see anything. And apart from that you don't see anything of the other murders; you just see the police investigating afterwards.
The most interesting thing ist the speed-boat pursiut, but that's all. The you-love-me-love-him-thing is unnecessary too and is rather typical for German Tatort. It just distracts from the plot and imo tries to help over some lengthy action. And there are more such scenes which don't do anything to carry on the action.
So the backery scene: Police-Officer sees a hold-up of a backery-shop while waiting on the traffic-lights. He helps, arrests the robber, but destroys some cakes. And what does the owner do? He only asks who pays for the destroyed cakes. I had to fight not to burst into laughter. This and some other scenes more than once question the seriousness of the film for me.

By all means, it cannot keep pace with House of Laughing Windows for example.

If the film had been released amongst other titles by another label it probably would have fit. But amongst the titles here it just is out of place