View Single Post
Old 24th September 2012, 10:31 PM
Cult Rookie

Does anybody else think that Joan went very soft in the last 20 or so eps? I watched Prisoner up until ep530 or so in the 80`s then the DVD`s come out, with the last episodes, so it was a big jump. There were no familiar prisoners, Joyce Barry was in the top four of the closing credits and Lurch was talking a lot more. But the thing that stuck out was how...tired? Joan seemed. I have heard that the Blackmoor storyline had an effect on her.

And does anyone else think as far as nastiness per capita (Nastiness on equal averages regardless of episodes) Jock Stewart was worse than Joan? He had zero redeeming qualities and was willing to go an extra mile to stalk and terrorize ex-prisoners. I looked forward to revisiting the Jock episodes when they were on a year or so ago and found his storylines a lot more brutal and raw. Whereas Joan was a lot more with the mind games. If you watch closer you will notice her physicality
is something she does only rarely.And as mentioned before - She was a different person outside work (Well 9 times out of 10 anyway)I think in a way that after people were surprised by this, it weakened the perception if her character, only a little Anyhoo just an opinion.