View Single Post
Old 26th September 2012, 06:01 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I don't get the accusations of misogyny though. Sure, it shows the work and actions of a misogynist, but is the film itself misogynistic? To be truly misogynistic its aim would be to make the viewer a misogynist, to make them hate women. The fact that it doesn't means it's not misogynstic. I mean, did you identify with the duck-voiced killer? Did you find him a laudable character whom you wished to emulate? Of course not, it shows the killer as a lunatic who talks in a funny voice. No-one's going to identify with that. At least...I'd hope not...
Right...from the offset. I like this film (although I think that the 'razor blade' scene is very extreme)

I am not in the right frame of mind to address this at the moment, but...

Quote:
but is the film itself misogynistic?
...of course not. The film itself is nothing more than a piece of celluloid...

Quote:
To be truly misogynistic its aim would be to make the viewer a misogynist, to make them hate women.
Surely, the film exists to make a viewer (almost certainly male) watch a person/killer/psychopath terrorising/torturing/killing a female

Quote:
I mean, did you identify with the duck-voiced killer? Did you find him a laudable character whom you wished to emulate?
But have you ever split up with a partner/lover, and thought to yourself 'I want to kill her/him? I would suggest that to some level you HAVE

Please, do not get me wrong. I love the films of Fulci (and things like 'I Spit on your Grave', Last House', 'Straw Dogs etc), but I think that asking of this film is misigynist is not right

Quote:
it shows the killer as a lunatic
Please show me a killer who is NOT a lunatic!

NOTE - I WROTE MORE, BUT THE COMPUTER IS PLAYING UP, SO A LOT WAS LOST IN A CRASH, & i CANNOT REMEMBER WHAT I WROTE

I'M SURE IT WAS IMPORTANT THO!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty