Thread: Video Nasties
View Single Post
Old 27th September 2012, 12:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Sometimes, I think, you can get over-analytical. I watch films from all eras, but I do seem to find more pleasure in older films than new.
I think most film fans prefer older films than new and I'm not talking about horror just films in general, I've always said they just don't make films as good as they use to, don't get me wrong there is some goods films of today but I prefer a good 75% of films before end of the 80s, personally I think a lot of films today think they can't fail because they they got good use of cgi, more money and good actors etc where in let's say the 60' 70 80" they didn't have use of cgi and big massive budget compared of today so had to concentrate on a good story etc, that's why IMO a lot of j horrors work for the reason they don't have huge budgets and concentrate on making the films atmospheric, where as American remakes of Japanese horrors fail big time because that reason they think they got money and actors that they can't fail and sometimes miss the point and don't create and decent atmosphere,