View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2012, 03:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanmetal View Post
Same. Plus it's not even the full version. I had a chance to get it and missed it so now I'm unsure as where to get it from. Cough cough. Hint hint. I do not own the full version of Thundercrack.
I got this on line;
The Dutch Shock DVD is available semi-officially (the company were also responsible for its limited release in the 90s on VHS) - however the DVD is struck from the same master as the VHS and the image is poorly transferred thus giving rise to the above accusation of overexposure. Also the frequent lines 'imposed' are scratches on the 16mm source print - they are not there to purposefully age the film. The film was edited down from 153 mins by its backers The Thomas Brothers in the hope of making it more marketable. The film is unusual for its time as it is filmed in black-and-white and features graphic sexual acts. In terms of its intentional tastelessness, it could be compared to the films of John Waters.

So I could be wrong but I don't think the 153 min version has ever been available on dvd. I have the Shock dvd with a running time of 122 mins, don't think my brain could cope with 153!