View Single Post
Old 16th April 2008, 07:52 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

It's a great idea Mojo and the Shameless look as regulars know has borrowed from many old video elements. One of these is exactly as you say - I used to walk into the Tower in Glasgow and they had all the Redemptions nicely lined up which really made you want to own them.

The key reason why we have the spinebuilder logo on the side is to try and encourage stores to stock the range but the problem with that is that these days you pay for your shelf space - a lot! We can't afford to do what you'd suggest - it would cost a fortune and anything you see on display in a store has been paid for - it's got nothing to do with staff picks or stuff like that. We get less than £3 for each DVD sold which leaves sod all to even get stocked outside a horror section - hence why we're yellow so at least we scream from the shelves.

All that said though we have just concluded a deal - taken quite a risk to get better space and I'll reveal this in another thread I'm about to start typing.

But in answer to your original question Mojo it's a top idea if only it could happen. Never say never though and I really appreciate anyone putting forward ideas to help the label.