View Single Post
Old 4th October 2012, 07:40 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Most of the HK films I've seen have mainly been Shaw Bros. stuff, so anything non-Shaw is probably going to be something I haven't seen!
Dude be sure to see Mad Detective (Masters of Cinema, Blu-Ray/DVD)... Here's what I wrote on the excellent HK Cinema blog A Hero Never Dies about the film...

Stylish, intelligent and complex enough to demand multiple viewings, Johnny To and Wai Ka-Fai's 2007 film, the newest arrival on my list has in it's short life become an instant classic. For the few reading this who haven?*t yet seen the film, it's best to go in knowing as little as possible - The Sixth Sense and Fight Club toyed with a similar plot device but Mad Detective avoids the join-the-dots approach to story-telling and makes its audience do its own detective work but once you surrender yourself to the film's hallucinatory weirdness you'll begin to wonder why all films aren't made like this...

The above text was taken from a list of Top 10 Favourite HK films vistors to A Hero Never Dies were asked to contribute - it's a great place to discover HK Cinema...