View Single Post
Old 6th October 2012, 07:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
To each his own but the VHS tapes still had superior artwork and I felt a helluva lot more satisfaction tracking down an uncut copy of Four Flies for instance then I do walking into HMV and just picking up a dvd or blu with often awful artwork and glossed up more than it was in theatre.
Don't get me wrong, when VHS was the only way I could watch uncut horrors I loved the format.I can remember watching the uncut Vipco pre-cert of Zombie Flesh Eaters and the colour (i.e. the blood & gore), in my mind, looked more realistic and darker in it than both the overly bright Shriek Show and Blue Underground DVDs.I can recall when Laserdiscs became popular and companies like Elite started releasing films like The Evil Dead, Maniac and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, I was jealous of people who could afford to collect and watch them on a format where the image was clear and free of bootleg VHS fuzziness.So, when the more affordable DVD format hit the market, and I got access to the internet and my first multi-region DVD player, I was hooked.