View Single Post
Old 14th October 2012, 03:23 PM
Cultist

Thanx for the in depth response! my cousin "Scottish mermaid" was likewise telling me all about the later episodes saying that she actually prefers them to the older ones. I'm only at the end of UK volume 15. so bloody expensive to buy but its an addiction I'm glad i have!

I have to say that many of the foundations characters became very boring because they would simply go on cycles of emotions... especially Bea... i wasn't upset when she went, likewise Lizzie, though they could have given her a better exit.

Judy is beginning to get very repetitive now too... I'm deep among the Angel drama and while most people have a hatred for Doreen, i didn't mind her popping up now and again. though i think character wise she should have remained like the smarter and more put together character she was when Bea was on the run rather than her last visits inside. for me, that would have been a better end for her, finally grown up and independent. i don't think either Lizzie, Bea or Doreen got very good send offs actually, quite lame.

The only character i miss is Erica, and even she was becoming ineffectual as both gov and head of the department. I would have loved a cameo of Vera tho.

I'd happily trade all the old characters for the return of Chrissie tho
(i know that doesn't happen but she's still my number one!)

thanks for the backup on MEG finally, everyone seems to love her! I'm forever ranting on about her, but for me the worst era of the show was the Maxine Daniels era... god that bitch annoyed me! and she lasted sooooo long. she's probably number one on my hated list.

I look forward to all that happens next. I'm actually really liking the era I'm in now, i like Myra as top dog and i enjoy Reb. Bobbie doesn't bother me as much as she annoys some. Sonia Stevens is gone now along with Cass but they were both grand. Pixie was extremely irritating to begin with but i quite like her now. (i think of her as a later incantation of Marilyn Mason from the original eps who i loved.) and Kelly and Lurch are now becoming part of the action. Joan's just lost custody of the little boy but it was good to see her in a parental role... one that would have taken her outta wentworth... if only the women knew it!

One more thing about Meg! apart from being best friend of the prisoners and arch nemesis to Joan. could any more have happened to the bitch? born in prison, raped, held at gun point, knife point, stripped to her camisole, hypnotized, clocked off the head with objects, "beaten up" by Geoff butler shot, dead husband, behind bars, stalked, social worker, home burgled, bashed, cheated on, bitten by snake, poisoned by Evelyn.... - it's always about her! and she managed to get involved in everything sticking her nose in everywhere with that judgmental look on her face throughout! Chrissie should have killed her like originally planned! muahahaha

There was a time when the prison was filled with people only in to highlight certain issues and were chucked out an episode or two later, Blind women, Wheelchair bound, mental problems, journalists and radio hosts, Zara moonbeam... and they've started their clear-out where I'm at now and added Dot and Marleen to the mix... I'll try to stay open minded and i don't think Dot lasts much longer anyway... oh and I've just enjoyed Bev "the beast" baker.... sooo underused, that could have gone on for a few more episodes at least!

I didn't personally mind Suzie Driscol (at least she calmed Powell down) but Georgie Baxter?? can we say Frankie Rip off? and she lasted ages too... and that teacher... David Andrews! other unfortunate characters include but are not limited to Lainie with the tattoos.... Alison page with the coat-hanger and Vivian of "CAROLINE" fame... sometimes the choices for role and storyline were terrrrrrible! but as much as i complain, i still love it... there's a temptation to skip whole episodes as it surrounds these people, but you just cant because of all the other good stuff happening in-between.

lol, i do love to discuss this topic!

JL