View Single Post
Old 15th October 2012, 11:23 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
And what about those people that haven't upgraded to Blu Ray yet?
Well then your missing out, And wasting your money if your still buying DVD's, Blu Ray is the future. If 4K does take off, ( which it will, as Japan needs to make plenty of money after the tsunami) then I'm sure it will still be on Blu Ray disks, as I'm sure I saw a 4K Blu Ray player recently. I prefer Blu ray to going to the cinema these days. Honestly, upgrade you will be glad you did. Players are dirt cheap too, and the discs can be found at good prices, I paid £5.00 for Shutter Island, what a steal.

I wish Arrow put more thought in to their releases.... Codename Wild Geese for example. I have been looking forward to this for months. When I opened the box, I was amazed there was only one disk. A bad sign I thought. Then when I watched it, it was like some low quality YouTube video. Why not just release it in on a separate disk, remastered in HD, and you have a disk that everyone throughout the world would import. But no, they would rather you buy the Wild Geese disk with a cut version and a bad bit rate, so then you have to buy the ArrowDrome version which is the same print, only without the poor bit rate. Then in a few months, they will re-release it on DVD in the uncut version. A few months after that, they will release the uncut version on Blu Ray. Then after that they will release the digitally remastered version... Blah blah blah. Bottom line, I only want to buy it once! So do it right the first time please, and I don't mind paying a higher price either, it's better than having to buy many versions.